Terms & Conditions
1. The Client is solely responsible for any harm or damage caused by their dog while it is under the care of Paws-n-Relax, or whilst using any other services provided by Paws-n-Relax, and agrees to indemnify Paws-n-Relax in full against any liability arising from such harm or damage to third parties.
2. The Client agrees that, in admitting their dog, Paws-n-Relax have relied on the Client’s representation that their dog is in good health and has not harmed or shown aggression or threatening behaviour toward any person.
3. All dogs will be subject to a meet and greet in a free consultation to assess their behaviour by Paws-n-Relax staff prior to using our services. Paws-n-Relax reserves the right to refuse acceptance to any dog deemed in their absolute discretion to be, or have the potential to be, dangerous or disruptive.
4. The Client agrees to notify Paws-n-Relax immediately of any unwelcome, aggressive, procreative, or dangerous behaviour of their dog that has potential to cause harm to any other dog or individual.
5. Paws-n-Relax offer private dog walking for dogs that do possess behavioural issues, however only if it is safe to do so. Paws-n-Relax reserves the right to refuse to walk a dog if they show signs of being aggressive to humans or be out of control in any way.
6. Paws-n-Relax do not tolerate any disruptive and unwanted behaviour by a dog whilst out on a group walk. If a dog starts behaving in a way that is upsetting other dogs or being difficult to walk. Paws-n-Relax reserve the right to return the dog home from their walk and inform the client. The client must still pay for that walk in full.
7. Paws-n-Relax dog walking service regularly walk Client's dogs in groups; therefore, the Client accepts that during the course of normal dog play their dog may sustain injuries. All dog play is carefully monitored to avoid any injury. If serious injury of any kind occurs Paws-n-Relax will take necessary action e.g. seek medical attention.
8. Paws-n-Relax will only let dogs off the lead once the 'Pet information & Walking instructions' consent form has been signed giving Paws-n-Relax permission to let the Client's dog off lead, and will remain at the discretion of the Paws-n-Relax staff. Paws-n-Relax are not responsible for a dog misbehaving in any way while off the lead if the client ensured that their dog can behave and has signed “yes” to letting their dog off the lead.
9. The Client is responsible for the full cost of treatment of any injuries or illness that their pet(s) receives while under the care of Paws-n-Relax. Together with any associated costs e.g. call-out charges. The Client authorizes the Paws-n-Relax staff member to seek such veterinary advice and/or treatment as they deem necessary; where possible this will be carried out by the Client’s usual/preferred Vet, but this cannot be guaranteed (e.g. in an emergency) and the Client accepts that the Paws-n-Relax staff member may at their discretion use any registered Vet. The Client agrees to pay all such costs immediately upon pick-up of their pet, or by agreement with the proprietor.
10. Paws-n-Relax reserves the right to refuse walks if the Client fails to provide adequate proof of vaccinations, or the vaccinations are found to be expired or otherwise incomplete.
11. Paws-n-Relax reserves the right to refuse walks if the Client fails to provide adequate proof of micro-chipping.
12. Paws-n-Relax reserves the right to refuse walks or overnight stays if the Client fails to provide adequate proof of their pet being up to date on flea treatment.
13. Bitches may attend Paws-n-Relax dog walks while in season or pregnant and will be kept on the lead at all times. The bitch will be walked alone on a private walk or in a very small group of the same sex. The Client must be honest and inform Paws-n-Relax prior to their dogs walk if this is the case. Paws-n-Relax will then carry out the appropriate measures whilst on a walk with that dog. Paws-n-Relax reserves the right to refuse admission if these criteria are not met.
14. Paws-n-Relax will care for your pet as you would treat them, and whilst we will make every effort to ensure your pet is well looked after in your absence, Paws-n-Relax cannot be held liable for any loss, injury or death to a pet either inside or outside of the home whilst in our care as long as Paws-n-Relax are not found to be negligent.
15. The Client accepts that even though their dog is vaccinated against Bordetella (Kennel Cough) it is possible that their dog can still contract Kennel Cough. The Client agrees that they will not hold Paws-n-Relax responsible if their dog contracts Kennel Cough while attending group walks.
16. All dogs being exercised must be fully vaccinated and on a regular flea and worm control regime. Client agrees to take any necessary measures or precautions to ensure that their dog is continuously free of contagious, infectious, or otherwise communicable diseases. The Client further agrees to notify Paws-n-Relax immediately of any infectious and/or contagious disease or conditions their dog has been exposed to or is affected by. Such diseases and conditions include, but are not limited to: Distemper, Hepatitis, Kennel Cough (Bordetella), Parvovirus, Corona virus, worms, Lyme disease, Fleas, Pregnancy, Infectious Skin Diseases and Intestinal Parasites. Paws-n-Relax reserves the right to refuse the dog until satisfied that the condition is resolved.
17. The Client consents to their pet(s) being photographed, videotaped, and/or used in any social media or advertising by Paws-n-Relax without prior approval. All such media remain the property of Paws-n-Relax.
18. The Client agrees that Paws-n-Relax is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged leads, collars, tags, clothing or any other item left with their dog.
19. Paws-n-Relax will make adequate steps to ensure your home is safe and secure in your absence, however Paws-n-Relax cannot be held responsible for any burglaries or accidents caused by your pet(s).
20. If dogs require a towel down after walks towels must be provided by the Client and left by the front door. Paws-n-Relax cannot be held responsible for any dirt/mess made by your dog in your home, where they are agreed in writing to be kept after any walk, if cleaning equipment hasn't been provided. Paws-n-Relax may contact you 24 hours prior to your dog’s walk via, text or email with an advisory weather warning.
21. The Client agrees to ensure their dog has not eaten in the hour before pick up by Paws-n-Relax to ensure sufficient time to digest food before any exercise or play. Failure to do so may result in the potentially life-threatening condition Bloat (Gastric Torsion).
22. The walker will apply personal judgment and cancel/cut short a walk if necessary, because of extreme weather conditions (ie, heat, thunder storms) for the safety of both the dogs and the walker.
23. Walks may be cut short; exceeding no more than 15 minutes. To allow time to rinse & refresh dogs. Also allowing time to safely load all dogs back into the dog walking van to return home. This is included within the hour walk.
24. Paws-n-Relax cannot accommodate for owners wishing to travel with their pet when using the “Pet Taxi” service. This service is only covered with pet transportation insurance and we are NOT insured to transport and take funds from human passengers.
25. The Client agrees to provide keys/arrange access to their pet(s) for the agreed appointment; failure to do so will result in a cancellation for that day’s service and will be paid in full by the client.
26. The Client agrees that, by signing either information forms stating the key whereabouts this will indemnify Paws-n-Relax in full against any liability arising from loss or damage to the property or its contents, in present and future circumstances.
27. When booking an overnight stay for 2+ nights. A £50 deposit must be paid upon booking. A client’s booking is not guaranteed until a deposit has been paid. New customers must have a meet and greet prior to Paws-n-Relax accepting a deposit and agreeing to dates. A client is in risk of their booking being cancelled whilst Paws-n-Relax are waiting for a deposit if another booking for the same period of time have secured their place with a reasonable deposit.
28. The client agrees that when booking their dog for an overnight stay, their dog must be comfortable with being left for a maximum of 5 hours at a time. Paws-n-Relax cannot book dogs for overnight stays if they are unable to be left alone.
29. Paws-n-Relax have the right to terminate an overnight stay early if any pets in the home are showing any signs of aggression towards the sitter or causing severe disruption during the day or night. If any pets have any contagious illnesses/diseases, have fleas/worms or if the living conditions are not of a reasonable standard of hygiene. If the pet sitter feels uncomfortable in any way. If an overnight stay is terminated, there will be no refunds for the remaining time of the booking and the emergency contact will be called to take over the pets care for the remaining time.
30. The client agrees that all cameras must be disclosed to the pet sitter booked for an overnight stay service. Paws-n-Relax sitters can refuse an overnight stay service if the sitter does not feel comfortable with indoor cameras. Paws-n-Relax sitters have the right to terminate an overnight stay early if indoor cameras are found in inappropriate areas. e.g. bathrooms, bedrooms.
31. The client agrees that Paws-n-Relax cannot agree to specific times for walks or pet care. Paws-n-Relax try their best to help every customer with their preferred time but this cannot always be guaranteed.
32. Ad hoc clients agree that Paws-n-Relax work on a first come first serve basis. To ensure a place in the daily schedule please notify Paws-n-Relax as soon as possible.
33. The client agrees that all bookings you wish to make with Paws-n-Relax must be in by the Saturday AM for the week commencing; otherwise you risk not getting a place.
34. The client agrees to Paws-n-Relax "No money no service" scheme. The client must be able to pay for their pet care service a week before or on the start date the booked service begins. If the client cannot pay for their booked service on time they risk Paws-n-Relax terminating all other bookings until payment has been made.
35. Cancellations – for cancellations of walks for a period of 1 week or more one months’ notice is required. For cancellations of 1- or 2-days walks – two days’ notice (48hrs) is required. If the required notice is not given charges will be applied in full for the cancelled period.
36. Cancellations - for cancellations of 1-day home visits. Two days’ notice (48hrs) is required. For home visits of a week or more one-month notice is required. If the required notice is not given charges will be applied in full for the cancelled period.
37. Cancellations- for cancellations of 1-6 days overnight stay. One month’s notice is required. For cancellations of one week or more overnight stays. Two months’ notice is required. If the required notice is not given charges will be applied in full for the cancelled period.
38. Unpaid invoices - Paws-n-Relax send out invoices for regular customers 3-7 days before the end of the month. Unless requested otherwise by the client and agreed to by Paws-n-Relax. Invoices MUST be paid by the last day of the month. If payment is late by 10 days. Paws-n-Relax have the right to incur late payment fees on the overdue invoice. Invoices unpaid by 14 days or more risk Paws-n-Relax terminating the clients contract and refusing all future services to said client.
39. Paws-n-Relax hold the right to refuse any future service to any client who has an overdue outstanding invoice, without having to give appropriate notice.
40. Paws-n-Relax follow the full extent of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and promise to keep all Client's information private. Paws-n-Relax will never give out a Client's personal information or keep that information for longer than necessary.
41. No variation of these Terms and Conditions will have effect unless confirmed by Paws-n-Relax in writing.